Join our Metroparks Volunteer Program and make a difference in the community. Young, old, or in between, all of our volunteers have something great to offer! Your dedication and hard work will not only bring you satisfaction, but will support the efforts and goals of the Park District as well! There are no minimum hours needed to volunteer.
Volunteer opportunities available are as diverse as the volunteers themselves. Opportunities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Nature trail guiding (Park District offers training)
- Gardening (wildflowers and herbs)
- Butterfly and Bluebird Trail Monitoring
- Trail Monitors
- Campground Hosts
- Invasive Species Control
- Prairie Rehabilitation
- Project FeederWatch (November through April)
- Critter Care (Youth, ages 13-19)
- Newsletter Mailing
- Elementary School Field Trips, April, May and September (Park District offers training)
- Park Information Booths
If you are interested in volunteering please complete the Volunteer Enrollment Form and return to Chris Fetzer, Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com or mail to Johnny Appleseed Park District, 1682 Slabtown Road, Lima, OH 45801. For questions, please call the Park District office at 419-221-1232.