Whether you are planning a wedding, graduation party, company picnic, family reunion or simply just stopping by for a picnic we offer a variety of facilities for your needs.
Reservations are accepted beginning the first working day of September for the following year. After the reservation is made one week is given for the payment to be made for shelter house rentals and two weeks are given for rental of the Allen County Farm Park. Cash, check or credit card is accepted.
Shelter house reservations are non-refundable but can be rescheduled to a future date within the same calendar year as long as it is scheduled with the Park District office prior to the original reservation date of use. A $100 non-refundable fee is assessed for cancellation of the Allen County Farm Park, a $75 non-refundable fee for the shelters at Hermon Woodlands Metro Park and a $25 non-refundable fee is assessed for the cancellation of the Allen County Farm Park Log Cabin (the remaining balance is refunded). Completion of the appropriate paperwork is required for the refund.
Reservation Responsibility Policy
- Please make sure everyone in your group obeys the rules. Park in the parking lots provided.
- Clean up spills, pick up litter and remove excess trash for the park.
- Make sure your group is not larger than reported when making your reservation.
- Only use of tape of clips for table covers, decoration, etc. (staples, thumb tacks, nails, etc. are prohibited).
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
Special Use of Facilities
For groups/events using the shelter, tables and grills as provided there are no additional requirements. If your group/event is planning on any of the following, please contact the Park District office. A “Special Use Permit Application” will need to be completed and submitted to the Park District office for approval. SPECIAL USE PERMIT APPLICATION
- Use of large portable grill, hog roaster, cooker.
- Inflatable gyms (bouncers, slides, etc. on site).
- Sponsoring or participating in a walk-a-thon, running/walking event, etc.
- Event charge, registration fee, or other cost to your participants.
- Outside vendors involved such as food, entertainment, inflatable playgrounds, etc.
- Extra trash receptacles needed.
- Rangers needed for traffic/crowd control.